CRICKET fans around the country and preparing for The Hundred.
A new format of the game designed to attract a younger audience, the competition saw it’s inaugural player draft take place on October 20.
The Hundred will feature both men’s and women’s teams, with each squad featuring fifteen players.
When does The Hundred start?
THE new-look tournament will begin in Summer 2020.
Designed to run over the school holidays, it will begin on July 17 and ends on August 16.
Each team will play four matches at home and four matches away, resulting in 32 games before a play-off style knockout round.
The two sides who make it safely through that will contest the final.
MOST READ IN SPORT
What are the fixtures?
AS yet, the fixtures for the tournament are yet to be finalised.
Every game will be shown live on Sky Sports, with ten games from the men’s competition and eight from the women’s tournament shown on free-to-air on the BBC.
The teams participating along with their first round draft picks are:
- Birmingham Phoenix: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Pat Brown
- London Spirit: Rory Burns, Dan Lawrence, Eoin Morgan
- Manchester Originals: Jos Buttler, Saqib Mahmood, Matt Parkinson
- Northern Superchargers: Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid, David Willey
- Oval Invincibles: Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Jason Roy
- Southern Brave: Jofra Archer, Chris Jordan, James Vince
- Trent Rockets: Joe Root, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales
- Welsh Fire: Jonny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Colin Ingram