Sugarcane juice is a desi drink available everywhere in India.
If you are anything like us, then a glass of fresh sugarcane juice (or ganne ka ras in Hindi) is enough to quench your thirst and soothe your soul. It also refreshes us instantly. The sweet and delicious desi drink, sugarcane juice has been a part of Indian food culture for ages. Today, you get packaged sugarcane juice in the market, but nothing can beat the freshly pressed ones. It is easily available at every almost corner of the streets across India. Imagine a glass of cool sugarcane juice, mixed with some lemon juice and black salt. Sounds irresistible, right?
Besides its rich taste, what makes sugarcane juice a popular drink among Indians is its pool of health benefits. Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar recently took to her Instagram handle to share a video explaining the positive effects of this drink on our health, skin and hair. “Have the sugarcane juice, at least thrice a week. It’s a natural detox and pitta shamak -the stuff that looks after the pitta or the heat response in the body. It’s a natural coolant but comes in season during the winters,” she posted.
9 Health Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice:
- Sugarcane and its derivatives are widely used in traditional Ayurvedic treatment. It is the harvest of the season and a store-house of antioxidants, fibre and micro-minerals.
- It helps you keep hydrated and maintain the body’s water balance, especially during the winters (when people often forget to drink water).
- It works as a diuretic and removes bloating and tiredness. This drink also helps the kidneys to function better.
- It helps optimise liver function and is also used as a treatment for jaundice.
- It has Alpha hydroxy acids, AHA that gives you smooth skin and prevents acne. It also removes dandruff and promotes hair health.
- It helps soothe constipation and overcome weakness.
- Sugarcane juice is also known to be a fertility booster.
- Sugarcane juice a week before period also helps reducing spottings prior to period.
- A glass of sugarcane juice every morning may also help induce good sleep at night.
How To Have Sugarcane Juice To Enjoy The Best Benefits:
– Have it freshly squeezed;
– Preferably drink it before noon;
– Sit down when you drink it.
Alongside sharing its benefits and usage, Rujuta added, “For those living outside India with no access to sugarcane juice, have amla sherbet instead.”
You may either get a glass of fresh sugarcane juice from the nearby juice shop or make it at home. Click here to know how to make sugarcane juice at home.
Watch: Here’s The Complete Video For You:
Also Read: Raisin Curd – An Easy Remedy For Constipation, Suggests Rujuta Diwekar (Recipe Inside)
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.