Medical News Today added that the compounds in seaweed may also reduce inflammation, high fat levels and insulin sensitivity.Furthermore, seaweed i
Medical News Today added that the compounds in seaweed may also reduce inflammation, high fat levels and insulin sensitivity.
Furthermore, seaweed is abundant in iodine – especially kombu, followed by wakame and nori – that may help address an underactive thyroid.
Known as hypothyroidism, an underactive thyroid is linked to an iodine deficiency.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism, pointed out by the NHS, include:
- Being sensitive to cold
- Weight gain
- Slow movements and thoughts
- Muscle aches and weakness
- Muscle cramps
- Dry and scaly skin
- Brittle hair and nails
- Loss of libido (sex drive)
- Pain, numbness and a tingling sensation in the hand and fingers (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Irregular periods or heavy periods