Restaurant boss given two suspended sentence after British boy, 7, died from allergic reaction in Italy

0


A RESTAURANT boss has been given a two year suspended jail sentence after a seven year old Brit boy died from an allergic reaction to a plate of spaghetti.

Cameron Wahid went into anaphylactic shock after a waiter failed to understand warnings that the youngster was allergic to dairy products.

Seven-year-old Cameron Wahid died after he ate pasta containing dairy while on holiday in Italy

He collapsed after eating the pasta meal with his mother Cassandra, 43, father Rizwan, 43, and little brother Aidan while on a half term break in Italy four years ago.

Since then the family have fought a long running court battle against the La Margherita Villa Giuseppina restaurant in Scala near the popular holiday spot of Amalfi.

The court in nearby Salerno found Ester Di Lascio guilty of culpable manslaughter for not properly highlighting potential allergic reactions from items on the menu.

Cassandra had told the staff Cameron shouldn’t be served any cheese or dairy products but he was given pasta containing it.

Minutes later when the family boarded their tour bus with other Brit holidaymakers tragedy struck as Cameron went in to anaphylatic shock.

He later suffered a cardiac arrest in the main square as his frantic parents looked on.

Nurse Cassandra manged to give her son a Epipen injection but it failed to save him and he later died in hospital.

The court heard the fresh pasta which had a tomato sauce had been made with milk and the restaurant’s chef Luigi Cioffi was cleared of any involvement

‘AMAZING BOY’

The family from East Grinstead, West Sussex, were also awarded 325,000 Euro (£288,000) compensation.

Since Cameron’s death company director Riz and nurse Cassandra have campaigned to highlight the risks of food allergies.

In a tribute on Facebook Riz wrote:”I miss you so much Cameron xx. My beautiful wonderful amazing boy.”

In a statement Riz added: “We were always so careful about letting everyone know about the severity of Cameron’s allergy because it was such a danger for him.


“We feel his death was avoidable and it has left us devastated. Our loss is something from which I feel we will never recover.

“I feel compelled to do everything I can, so that nobody else has to watch their child die as we did.

“No amount of money will never make up for what we have been through and our hope is that now these proceedings are over lessons will be learned so that other people with allergies do not suffer the same fate.”

Cameron went into anaphylactic shock and later died in hospital


  • GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here