THE new ABC series Rebel launches on Thursday, April 8, at 10 pm. The one-hour drama features veteran actress Katey Sagal in the title role.
THE new ABC series Rebel launches on Thursday, April 8, at 10 pm.
The one-hour drama features veteran actress Katey Sagal in the title role.
Katey Sagal and Andy Garcia on Rebel[/caption]
Who’s in the cast of ABC’s Rebel?
- Katey Sagal: Sagal, who plays Annie “Rebel” Bello, is an accomplished actress and singer best known for her iconic roles in Married… With Children and Sons of Anarchy. Her first book Grace Notes: My Recollections was published in 2017.
- John Corbett: Corbett, who plays Grady Bello, played Carrie Bradshaw’s love interest Aidan Shaw on Sex and the City.
- James Lesure: Lesure, who plays Benji, may be most well known for starring on five seasons of the hit NBC series Las Vegas.
- Lex Scott Davis: Davis is currently in production alongside Jason Momoa on Netflix’s action film Sweet Girl. She plays Cassidy on Rebel.
Sagal is the star of Rebel[/caption]
- Tamala Jones: Playing Lana on Rebel, the versatile actress may be best known for her role as Lanie Parish, a medical examiner with a sarcastic sense of humor in the hit ABC series Castle.
- Ariela Barer: The 22-year-old Bauer, who plays Ziggy, is best known for starring as Gert on Hulu’s Marvel series Runaways.
- Andy Garcia: The actor, who plays Cruz, has had a long and distinguished career that includes roles in The Untouchables and The Godfather: Part III.
- Kevin Zegers: Zegers, who plays Nate, was recently seen in the AMC hit series Fear the Walking Dead and Starz’ Power.
- Sam Palladio: Palladio, wh stars as Luke, can most recently be seen starring opposite Vanessa Hudgens in Netflix’s The Princess Switch: Switched Again and in HBO’s Catherine the Great opposite Helen Mirren.
Sagal with Ariela Barer[/caption]
What is Rebel about?
The lead character of Annie “Rebel” Bello is inspired by the life of environmental activist Erin Brockovich.
Like Brockovich, Rebel is a legal advocate who does not have a law degree.
“She’s a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves,” reads ABC’s online description of the show.
Brockovich, who was featured in a 2000 movie starring Julia Roberts, serves as an executive producer.
Sagal with Lex Scott Davis[/caption]
Rebel is portrayed by veteran actress Katey Sagal, who has dozens of television and film credits on her resume.
“When she gets it in her mind that something is unfair and has to stop, she’s relentless,” Sagal told TV Insider, referring to her character.
She added: Everybody knows what it means to ‘Erin Brockovich’ something. It’s a verb.
“It was really interesting to me, particularly given the time we’re in. She gives voice to the voiceless.”
Sagal, who is 67, was asked about having a leading role at this stage of her illustrious career.
Most read in Entertainment
EastEnders' Michael Greco teases Beppe return in bombshell Sharon Watts plot
Shocked Eamonn Holmes told to 'stop moaning' about chronic pain by Keith Lemon
A CUT ABOVE
Coronation Street's Carla Connor leaves fans swooning with glam hair makeover
Eamonn and Ruth row over getting pet dog stuffed when she dies
The Chase fans stunned as glamorous blonde grabs lucky teammate and KISSES him
EastEnders' Nancy Carter returns as Mick embraces Frankie as his daughter
“It’s groundbreaking,” she told TV Insider.
“Men of a certain age have always been in leading roles, but you don’t find many women. I’m in my 60s.
“Women my age can be hot, vital, vibrant and smart – all the things that we are.”