PUNCHESTOWN Festival will bring the curtain down on a stunning season of jumps racing in ultimate style. And there is an absolute cracker to get
PUNCHESTOWN Festival will bring the curtain down on a stunning season of jumps racing in ultimate style.
And there is an absolute cracker to get us underway on day one.
The Champion Novice Chase will pit Cheltenham Festival hero Monkfish against Cheltenham Festival flop Envoi Allen.
OFFERS OF THE DAY
Betfair: BTTC: Bet £10 on Race 1 at Sandown Saturday, Get £60 in free bets (6 x £10 free bets) – CLAIM HERE
Betfair: New customer offer, Min single £10 Sportsbook bet on the 13:55 Sandown, 24th April (‘Win or E/W’ market only). £10 free bet for each of the remaining Sat Sandown races. Deposits using cards or Apple Pay only. T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.Org
William Hill: Bet £10 get £40 – £30 in free sports bets + £10 casino bonus – CLAIM HERE
William Hill: 18+. Play Safe. New customers using promo code M40 only. 1x per customer. Min £/€10 bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Free bets of 2 x £/€15 issued after first qualifying bet settles. Max £/€10 Bonus. 35x wagering requirement. Max redeemable bonus: £25. Casino bonus expires after 72 hours. UK & Eire only. Additional T&Cs, including free-bet, game, location, payment method and stake contributions apply. Begambleaware.org
Read on below for the full day one racecard.
When is the Punchestown Festival?
The action gets underway on Tuesday, April 27.
The festival lasts five days and finishes on Saturday, May 1.
Punchestown Festival day one racecard
- 3.40pm The Have The Conversation Say Yes To Organ Donation Novice Handicap Hurdle of €20,000 2 Miles 100 Yards
- 4.15pm The eCOMM Merchant Solutions Champion Novice Hurdle of €100,000 (Grade 1) 2 Miles 100 Yards
- 4.50pm The Killashee Hotel Handicap Hurdle of €50,000 (Grade B) 2 Miles 100 Yards
- 5.25pm The William Hill Champion Steeplechase (registered the Drogheda) of €250,000 (Grade 1) 2 Miles
- 5.55pm The Goffs Land Rover Bumper of €100,000 2 Miles 100 Yards – Race Closed
- 6.30pm The Dooley Insurance Group Champion Novice Steeplechase of €100,000 (Grade 1) 3 Miles 120 Yards
- 7pm The Kildare Hunt Club Fr. Sean Breen Memorial Cross Country Steeplechase for the Ladies Perpetual Cup of €15,000 (Bank Course) 3 Miles 1 Furlong
- 7.35pm The Irish Field – We Are All About The Horse Flat Race of €15,000 2 Miles 100 Yards
Most read in Horse Racing
Our man's best bets for Sandown including huge 12-1 Nap in Gold Cup
Jockey breaks silence over ride that sparked fan fury and landed him 21-day ban
BLACK FOR MORE
Bookies fear another Blackmore bashing as Grand National hero returns to UK
Fresh off monster 12-1 winner we reveal best bets for Sandown and Gold Cup
Horse racing betting offer: Get £60 in FREE BETS for Sandown races today
Jockey miraculously avoids stamp on head by inches after terrifying 37mph fall
Punchestown Festival day one tips
SunSport tipster Templegate will deliver his verdict on every race next week.
Don’t forget to check back on SunSport to read our in-form punter’s brilliant guide.
Punchestown Festival day one runners
The full list of final runners for each race will be confirmed nearer the time.
What’s the big race?
Monkfish vs Envoi Allen in the Champion Chase.
Willie Mullins’ superstar horse Monkfish arrives here on the back on a convincing win in the Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase at Cheltenham.
But Henry de Bromhead’s Envoi Allen comes with question marks over his name after he fell at the festival.
The Cheveley Park Stud horse – who had previously never lost – came a cropper in the Marsh Novices’ Chase won by Chantry House.
Monkfish is currently the favourite to win at 11-10, while Envoi Allen is 5-4.
FREE BETS GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org