Mum’s warning after teething baby nearly dies after giving her Bonjela that turned her blood ACIDIC

Mum’s warning after teething baby nearly dies after giving her Bonjela that turned her blood ACIDIC


A MUM has shared a warning about overusing popular teething gel Bonjela after her baby girl nearly died when her blood became ACIDIC.

Jessica Vermunt, of Napier, New Zealand, said on Facebook that she used the soothing gel to help ease the teething pain of her “screaming” seven-month-old, Athena Vermunt Sergent.

NZ Mum Jessica Vermunt posted on Facebook about her daughter’s near-death experience

After her daughter became ill, she had to be rushed to Auckland-based Starship Hospital, which specialised in treating children.

Jessica posted: “I am currently in starship hospital with my 7 month old baby who was literally minutes from dying after having too much Bonjela.

“The active ingredient in Bonjela will turn your baby’s blood acidic and cause complete renal failure.

She added that “a warning went out in 2009 that no one under the age of 16 should have this and the UK have banned it from their shelves until the[y] removed the ingredient.”

Jessica said: “I’m aware that she had more than normal but the point remains that this has the potential to kill your child and there is no real information or warnings about the severity of it.

“I’m begging you, if you do use Bonjela for your baby, please please please use the smallest amount as little as possible.”

 

 

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)