Meghan Markle takes Archie on first overseas trip ‘to Ibiza on private jet’ with Harry

Meghan Markle takes Archie on first overseas trip ‘to Ibiza on private jet’ with Harry


Meghan and Harry enjoyed a six-day break on the Spanish island, according to the Majorca Daily Bulletin. The pair flew to Ibiza on a private jet and are believed to have brought with them little Archie Harrison Mountbatten Windsor as well – who has recently turned three-month-old. 

Meghan, Harry and Archie stayed in a secluded villa, protected from the public scrutiny and paparazzi, the local newspaper said. 

A source also told the Majorca Daily Bulletin: “No images have emerged of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Archie, who stayed at a villa well away from the cameras.

“They travelled with security personnel, and it is reported that local security forces were not needed.”  

The trip is believed to have taken place during the weekend of August 4, when Meghan turned 38. 

Buckingham Palace told Express.co.uk they are not commenting on whether the trip happened or not. 

The Balearic island is believed to have become one of Meghan’s favourite holiday destinations after she visited it in 2016 with friends, including fashion designer Misha Nonoo. 

The Spanish holiday proves wrong insiders who claimed Meghan would either spend her birthday with the Queen in Scotland or at home in Windsor. 

READ MORE: Meghan Markle news: ‘Friend’ claims Duchess ‘rubs people up wrong way’ 

Some insiders had previously argued the Duchess of Sussex would spend her birthday at Balmoral Castle, with the Queen likely to give her some pieces of advice concerning the royal life. 

Another royal source said Meghan was likely to celebrate her birthday with a low-key party at Frogmore Cottage, following the outrage sparked by her lavish baby shower in New York. 

Claiming the celebrations would be restricted to members of the Royal Family, the source told The Sun: “Frogmore Cottage will host a celebration for Meghan’s birthday.

DON’T MISS

 

“The Clooney clan will be in Villa Oleandra on Lake Como and the Sussexes will not want to be seen enjoying more of their lavish hospitality after the PR disaster backlash post the US baby shower.” 

The baby shower, which took place in February, saw Meghan fly to the US to attend a party thrown by tennis star Serena Williams at The Mark, one of the city’s most prestigious hotels. 

This is not the first short break Meghan and Harry have taken together in the past months. 

Just a few weeks prior to the birth of Archie, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex went on a so-called babymoon, their last relaxing break before the arrival of their firstborn.  

The pair booked the most expensive room at the five-star Heckfield Place hotel, a Georgian mansion favoured by A-listers including actress Liv Tyler and models Cara and Poppy Delevingne.

A friend of the couple told The Sun: “Meghan is only a couple of weeks away from giving birth, so Harry really wanted to treat her.” 

The room booked by Meghan and Harry, known as the Long Room, comes at £10,000 a night and has its own dining room and private terraces, which granted Meghan and Harry all the privacy they needed during their relaxing staycation.   

News of the holidays in Ibiza came after Prince Harry’s trip to Camp Google in Sicily on July 31, where he is said to have delivered a speech focused on the environment. 

Other people attending Google’s yearly gathering were actor Orlando Bloom and singer Katie Perry. 

As many of the attendees arrived using private jets, social media users and commentators took to Twitter raising accusations of hypocrisy. 

BBC’s presenter Andrew Neil said: “‘Scores of celebrities and the rich have arrived in Sicily for a Google conference.

“They came in 114 private jets and a flotilla of super yachts. The conference is on global warming.”

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)