Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview reaches 6,000 Ofcom complaints

HomeSport

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview reaches 6,000 Ofcom complaints

HUNDREDS more Brits have complained to Ofcom over Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey. Almost 6,000 pe

EastEnders’ Beppe Di Marco actor Michael Greco teases return in bombshell Sharon Watts plot
Holby City spoilers: Sahira shaken to the core by sexual abuse bombshell as Abs speaks out
Bill Gates’ company gives $1.8BILLION to wife Melinda day after bombshell divorce ending their 27-year marriage


HUNDREDS more Brits have complained to Ofcom over Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Almost 6,000 people have now voiced their objections to the chat in total – despite the interview being screened almost a month ago on March 8.

👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

CBS

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s explosive interview with Oprah has been widely complained about – with 6,000 people contacting Ofcom[/caption]

Around 600 new complaints have been logged over the course of the past seven days as Piers Morgan blasts Meghan for 17 “untrue, exaggerated or unprovable” slurs against the Royal Family.

In total, 5,949 viewers have had their say so far.

And today it was revealed that more than half of adults quizzed for a poll want the couple to be stripped of their royal titles.

It comes as:

  • Meghan and Harry’s first Netflix series has been revealed as an Invictus Games documentary
  • Piers Morgan demands Meghan Markle ‘names the royals who rejected her requests for help after claiming she was suicidal’
  • Princess Diana’s biographer claimed the Queen said Meghan could carry on acting after joining The Firm and didn’t have to ’embrace royal duties’
  • Jeremy Clarkson is the latest Brit firebrand to take aim at the royal couple
  • Katie Price claims Meghan was banned from “going to the Priory” as it “wouldn’t look good”

During the conversation with Oprah, the couple made a series of shocking allegations – most damagingly of all that an unnamed member of the Royal Family had made a racist comment about the colour of son Archie’s skin.

The Duchess also said she was prevented from seeking mental health support when she was in crisis.

The fall-out from the interview continues, weeks on.

It’s understood the Royal Family were left deeply upset by the allegations made.

In the days after the interview aired in the UK, Prince William was forced into the unprecedented position of saying the royals “are very much not a racist family”.

He spoke out on an official visit to a school after the Queen released a carefully-worded statement saying she was “saddened” by the interview but “recollections may vary”.

The chat exposed seeming rifts between the prince and his loved ones.

CBS

The fall-out from the chat continues, with members of the Royal Family said to be deeply upset[/caption]

AFP

Meghan and Harry made a series of allegations during the interview, most seriously that an unnamed royal made racist comments about Archie before his birth[/caption]

AFP

The palace issued a statement in the wake of the chat to say the family was ‘saddened’ – but ‘recollections may vary’[/caption]

Harry told Oprah he feels let down by his family – and is barely speaking to his brother, describing their relationship now as “space”.

He claimed his father Charles stopped taking his calls after Megxit and was financially cut off by the Royal Family last year.

He also discussed his relationship with William, saying he loved him “to bits” but he and the future king were “on different paths”.

For his part, William is said to be “very upset” with the interview.

William’s pal said: “It’s still raw.

“He’s very upset by what’s happened, though absolutely intent that he and Harry’s relationship will heal in time.”

And today, it was revealed that 58 per cent of Brits polled believe Harry and Meghan shouldn’t be allowed to use the titles as a result of the interview.

Pollsters from Deltapoll gathered opinions three weeks after the tell-all interview aired.


Just 28 per cent of those asked believe the royal couple should be allowed to continue on as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Both Meghan and Harry gave up the titles His and Her Royal Highness after Megxit, although Harry is still sixth in line to the throne, and remains a prince.

The couple also agreed to stop using the word ‘royal’ in their commercial and charitable ventures.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0