A MAN arrested on suspicion of the murder and indecent assault of Stuart Lubbock at the home of entertainer Michael Barrymore 20 years ago has been
A MAN arrested on suspicion of the murder and indecent assault of Stuart Lubbock at the home of entertainer Michael Barrymore 20 years ago has been released under investigation by police.
The 50-year-old suspect, who has not been named, was arrested in Cheshire on March 17 after “significant new information” came to light, Essex Police said.
Stuart Lubbock died at the home of entertainer Michael Barrymore 20 years ago[/caption]
Micheal Barrymore, 68, – who became a household name for shows such as Strike It Lucky – has always denied involvement in the death[/caption]
He was subsequently released on bail until April 12, and the force said he has since been released under investigation.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “A 50-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the indecent assault and murder of Stuart Lubbock has been released under investigation while our enquiries continue.”
Butcher Mr Lubbock, 31, had been attending a party at Barrymore’s luxury home in Roydon with eight other people on March 31 2001 when he died.
Most read in News
UK close to securing free trade deal with New Zealand that will bring cheaper booze
HEART TO HEART
Philip told Charles how he should 'lead Royal family' at hospital visit
BRIGHTER DAYS ARE COMING
Mini-heatwave to hit UK as pubs reopen after weekend of snow
Prince Philip passed on the baton to Charles during tearful bedside visit
Harry and William will reunite to walk behind Prince Philip's coffin
Prince Philip couldn't bear Sarah Ferguson and loved to snipe at Andrew