APPLE experts have leaked some interesting details about the 2022 iPhone lineup, according to reports. The iPhone 13 is expected to launch later
APPLE experts have leaked some interesting details about the 2022 iPhone lineup, according to reports.
The iPhone 13 is expected to launch later this year but analysts are already focussing on the iPhone 14 as they suspect it will bring some major changes.
8K video capture may be possible on iPhone by 2022[/caption]
Famed Apple analyst Ming-chi Kuo has said the high-end iPhones in the 2022 range will use a 48-megapixel sensor for the main camera.
According to Mac Rumours, Kuo thinks this will allow impressive 8K video capture.
The analyst also thinks the notch on the front screen of iPhones will get smaller and by 2023 it may have disappeared.
The selfie camera, necessary for Face ID, may be hidden under the screen.
The iPhone 14 is expected to be released in 2022[/caption]
Another of Kuo’s theories is that screen size options of the iPhone lineup will decrease by 2022.
We might not see an iPhone Mini offering as we have done in previous years.
Apple isn’t thought to be impressed with how well the Mini range is selling but may still include a version in its 2021 iPhone lineup.
It’s thought the 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screen sizes are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Kuo has previously suggested that we may see under-display fingerprint scanners in future iPhones.
As with all rumours and leaks, we won’t know for sure until we get official word from Apple.
iPhone screen sizes revealed
How iPhone screens have changed over the years…
- iPhone (2007) – 3.5 inches
- iPhone 3G (2008) – 3.5 inches
- iPhone 3GS (2009) – 3.5 inches
- iPhone 4 (2010) – 3.5 inches
- iPhone 4S (2011) – 3.5 inches
- iPhone 5 (2012) – 4 inches
- iPhone 5S (2013) – 4 inches
- iPhone 5C (2013) – 4 inches
- iPhone 6 (2014) – 4.7 inches
- iPhone 6+ (2014) – 5.5 inches
- iPhone 6S (2015) – 4.7 inches
- iPhone 6S+ (2015) – 5.5 inches
- iPhone SE (2016) – 4 inches
- iPhone 7 (2016) – 4.7 inches
- iPhone 7+ (2016) – 5.5 inches
- iPhone 8 (2017) – 4.7 inches
- iPhone 8+ (2017) – 5.5 inches
- iPhone X (2017) – 5.8 inches
- iPhone XS (2018) – 5.8 inches
- iPhone XR (2018) – 6.1 inches
- iPhone XS Max (2018) – 6.5 inches
- iPhone 11 (2019) – 6.1 inches
- iPhone 11 Pro (2019) – 5.8 inches
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (2019) – 6.5 inches
- iPhone SE 2 (2020) – 4.7 inches
- iPhone Mini (2020) – 5.4 inches
- iPhone 12 (2020) – 6.1 inches
- iPhone 12 Pro (2020) – 6.1 inches
- iPhone 12 Pro Max (2020) – 6.7 inches
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
Samsung to announce 'most powerful Galaxy device EVER' to take on Apple this month
Apple event on April 20 CONFIRMED hours after being leaked by Siri
IN THE BIN
Quit Facebook Messenger TODAY or risk being snooped on
Scary new WhatsApp bug lets ANYONE lock you out of the app
Is Google spying on you with new hi-tech tracker? This website will tell you
Bella Thorne among OnlyFans stars to have pics 'leaked' in hack
In other news, Facebook is trialling a video call speed dating app called Sparked.
Google is bringing out a feature to help Android users avoid collisions when texting and walking.
And, TikTok has finally created an automatic captions feature.
Are you excited for the launch of a new iPhone? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]