There are very few combinations that taste as good as spinach, corn and cheese. This holy trinity makes for a wholesome meal by itself, or even as a filling inside sandwiches, samosas or patties. Sandwich is a quick and effortless snack for those untimely hunger pangs, and when paired with a delicious filling it can be all you need to eat. This restaurant-style Palak and Corn sandwich is the ultimate recipe to satiate hunger while loading up on good taste.
Here’s how to make restaurant-style palak and corn sandwich at home.
- Start by preparing a basic white sauce. Add butter and maida to a non-stick pan and let it brown on low heat. Now add milk and mix well to avoid lumps from forming.
- Add a cup of corn, cream and spinach leaves to the pan. Keep stirring continuously.
- Let the mixture cook for a few minutes. Then, add spices such as white sesame powder, nutmeg powder, and salt to the filing.
- Mix well and cover the lid to let everything bind together.
- Add grated cheese to the filling and mix again. Remove the pan from the flame.
- Butter some slices of bread and place a small quantity of the palak-corn filling inside each slice.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and cover it with another slice.
- Grill the sandwich for 5-7 minutes. Cut it up and serve fresh!
Watch The Full Recipe Video Of Palak Corn Sandwich here:
— NDTV Food (@NDTVFood) July 7, 2020
Do try the recipe and tell us how you liked it in the comments below!
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.