Boy, 15, cried ‘help, help’ after being ‘lured to his death and ambushed by knife thugs’ in middle of the night


Boy, 15, cried ‘help, help’ after being ‘lured to his death and ambushed by knife thugs’ in middle of the night

A TEENAGE boy cried “help, help” after allegedly being lured to his death and ambushed by knife thugs in the middle of the night. Co

Russian teen pregnant at 13, who claimed boy, 10, was dad claims she is ‘pregnant AGAIN by 16-year-old boyfriend’
Death of an Israeli Boy in a Safe Room Shakes the Country
Suspect arrested in sexual assault, shooting of 12-year-old Miami boy

A TEENAGE boy cried “help, help” after allegedly being lured to his death and ambushed by knife thugs in the middle of the night.

Cops launched a murder probe after they were called to Great Lever, Bolton just before 4.45am today.


Reece Tansey was rushed to hospital with stab wounds but later died[/caption]

Maverick Photography

Police have launched a murder investigation after the 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death[/caption]

MEN Media

The lad was fatally knifed near a primary school in Bolton[/caption]

The teenager, named locally as Reece Tansey, was rushed to hospital with several stab wounds and he later died from his injuries.

Cops today said the victim had staggered to a house after being attacked near a primary school and desperately knocked on the door for help.

Residents told how the teenager was left covered in blood following the attack.

Arshad Mahmood, 48, told how his friend Faifal Shah had gone to the aid of the victim after returning home from a nearby mosque and phoned an ambulance.

He said: “He pulled up in his car and the boy was shouting, ‘Help, help!’

“Faifal could seen he was in a state and he was bleeding quite badly.

“The boy had knocked at a few doors to try to get help after seeing the lights were on inside.

“You can see blood marks on the doorsteps of the houses.”

The boy was shouting, ‘Help, help!’

Arshad Mahmood

Mr Mahmood added: “It’s a terrible thing to happen, I have a teenage boy of my own.”

Another resident, who didn’t wish to be named, said she’d heard the victim had been attacked by two other males.

“My wife’s cousin lives on the road and heard that’s what happened,” he said.

“But I don’t know what it was about.”

Reece’s uncle James said the boy had slipped out of his house via his bedroom window after receiving a text message.


James believes Reece was lured to an ambush after wrongly being implicated in a car theft a few weeks earlier.

 “He was a good boy,” he said.

“He was innocent and he just caught up with the wrong lads.

“Somebody messaged him and said come and meet me. He thought he was going to meet one person but it was set up.”

His uncle said he believed there had been four attackers and Reece had been able to give their names to paramedics before he died.


Grief-stricken friends have paid tribute to Reece after his shocking killing.

Pals planned to release balloons in memory of Reece close to the murder scene at 5pm.

One girl posted: “RIP Reece. I honestly can’t believe what i’m writing right now,my heart is in bits.

“I just can’t believe what has happened to you, put down your knives taking innocent peoples lives!! I love you always Reece hope you’re okay up there.”

Another wrote: “RIP Reece, taken too soon.”

A third friend posted: “RIP Reece see you on the other side mate such a lovely friend to me.

“Way too young to leave us behind just because of daft people carrying knives!”

And a fourth wrote: “RIP Reece Tansey. Love you always”.

Another said: “At Harper green field today me and a few close friends of Reece Tansey has decided to buy a bunch of balloons to set off for him and give him a proper send off.

“If you’re a close friend of Reece or family or even want to be there to show some respect and love turn up.”

A murder investigation has been launched and detectives are following “a number of lines of inquiry”.

No arrests have been made.


Scene of crime officers could be seen carrying out searches and a forensic tent has been erected in the front garden of one property.

Detective Superintendent Chris Bridge, of Wigan and Bolton Districts said: “This incident will understandably be a huge shock to the community and our thoughts are with the boy’s family at this awful time.

“These are very early stages of our investigation but we would like to reassure the public that we are doing all we can to piece together what happened and find those responsible.

“There will be an increased police presence in the area whilst we carry out a number of lines of enquiry and anyone concerned in the local neighbourhood can speak to our officers.

“I would urge anyone who may have information or witnessed anything in the area to come forward. Even the smallest information may be crucial to our investigation.”

“Anyone with information should call 101 quoting incident 359 of 04/05/2021 or report online at

“Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

MEN Media

A murder investigation has been launched after a 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death near a primary school in Bolton[/caption]